OK, so the ingredient list may seem a little strange, but TRUST ME! It’s WONDERFUL!
FOR THE CRUST:
8 organic Graham Crackers, crushed
2 Tbsp. melted Coconut Oil
2 1/2 Tbsp. Maple SyrupFOR THE ICE CREAM:
2 C. raw Cashews
2 C. Coconut Milk
2/3 C. Maple Syrup
Seeds from 1 Vanilla Bean
FOR THE TOPPING:
2 C. fresh, blackberries and raspberries
1 Lime, juice
1/2 Lime, zest
1/4 C. Maple Syrup
1. The day before, soak the cashews overnight in water.
2. FOR THE CRUST: In a medium bowl, mix together the crushed crackers, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 7×10 inch baking dish.
3. FOR THE ICE CREAM: Drain the water from the soaking cashews. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor, blending completely, until a thick, creamy mixture forms. Pour over the crust and place in the freezer until frozen.
4. FOR THE BERRY TOPPING: Stir together all ingredients gently until coated with the maple-lime juice.
5. TO SERVE: Remove cake from the freezer 15 minutes prior to serving to allow it soften and thaw slightly. Top with berries. Enjoy!
Makes 8 Servings.